Monday, January 3, 2011

The Start of 2011; The Start of my happiness project

This year I've decided to make some changes. I've been thinking about some of these for a while and I have even started working on some of them a little bit.
Some of the ideas I have are (in no particular order):
  1. Health: Get healthier
  • lose 15-20 pounds
  • drink more water
  • get back to exercising regularly
  • eat less sweets (I have a big sweet tooth)
  • go to bed earlier
2. Friendships: Be more intentional in my relationships
  • let people know I am thinking of them
  • pray for others
  • communicate with the girls from my small groups 1-2 times per month via facebook, texts, emails, snail-mail
  • focus on listening better
  • "go deeper" to ask more questions to get to know a person
3. Spiritually:
  • carve out a few minutes every day to have a devotional time to pray, read the Bible and work on my gratitude journal
  • find a spiritual mentor to meet with regularly
4. Financially:
  • stick to a budget (I'll start with the grocery budget)
  • work on getting out of debt
  • find new ways to save money
  • find an additional source of income?
  • enter receipts, etc weekly to stay on top of our budget
5. Organization/productivity:
  • get back to having a cleaning routine
  • don't put things down to put away later, put it away now!
  • go room by room to tidy and purge "junk"
  • watch less t.v.
6. Family:
  • spend more time playing with Lily & Ben
  • stop what I am doing when the kids ask to play
  • become a better listener when Shawn talks
7. Additional items I would like to accomplish:
  • finish a the scrapbooks of Italy trip 2006
  • update dining room window coverings
  • read more books from my "to read" list and from our personal library
I've been considering what to start working on to get the project underway. I think the best thing to do would be to start working on the organization part. It seems to me that if I get organized and feel organized then I certainly will be more apt to desire to work on other pieces of my life. However, I have already started working on having a devotional time daily. Its been going well actually. More about that later. I know I will more ideas of what I would like to accomplish and additional items to work on in these categories, but my brain is starting to get fuzzy. Its late (10:45pm) and obviously my idea for going to bed earlier will not be happening tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment