Sunday, February 27, 2011

I choose to STOP!

 I read recently "...you should not just follow your heart. You should lead it. You don’t let your feelings and emotions do the driving. You put them in the back seat and tell them where you’re going." This week I decided that instead of having a pity party I would choose to stop. By the time I had read this statement, I had already made the decision to drive my heart. I didn't want to go to the dark and jealous place of being depressed about things I think I don't have that other people do. This week I chose to:
  • say stop to any thoughts from becoming jealous thoughts.
  • be happy and content with where I am and with what I have.
  • allow myself to wait for God and His blessings.
It really does make a difference when I lead my heart as opposed to letting my letting my heart do the leading and making my emotions a mess. If I would have let my heart lead, it would have changed my outlook on a very fun and relaxing weekend. It also would have been difficult for those around me to love me. A lesson for the week: when I become jealous of others, I need to say, "STOP! I won't let myself go there. I choose to be happy for them and content with where I am in life. I choose to change my thinking!"

No comments:

Post a Comment